Calzot® - an efficient and accurate way of Nitridation in secondary metallurgy
European steel producers face the need to cover the high quality market with their products. Consumer of steel take following considerations into account: component properties like corosion resistance or fatigue resistance, but also economic issues (e.g. expensive cost driving metals) and machinability. Nitrided steel grades are gaining attention since a reduction of cost driving alloying elements is of increasing importance in the steel industry. In addition, the energy consumption is reduced, as these steel grades enable a less intense heat treatment.
Adding Calzot® to the liquid steel before casting leads to a very precise alloying technique. We provide our customers with granulated Calzot® as well as Calzot® Cored Wire.
The advantages of Calzot®:
- Calzot® possesses a high and stable nitrogen content (23,5 w %) and a high N-Yield (up to 75 %).
- Calzot® enables a precise alloying result and hence no post-corrective alloying
- Low input of impurities and tracer elements compared to Nitrogen containing ferro-alloys
- Less temperature and energy losses in comparison to nitrogen gas purging
- Lower costs in comparison to the application of nitrided ferro-allyos
Alzchem stands for solutions, high quality and flexibility so that we generate satisfied customers.
Here you can find further information about Calzot®