Calcium Carbide is a highly powerful reagent for various applications in secondary metallurgy:
- Desulfurization to ultra-low sulfur contents by injection of fine Calcium Carbide powder
- Deoxidation and slag treatment by addition of coarse Calcium Carbide during tapping or at the ladle treatment station
Calcium Carbide is packed in containers from 1 to 1.5 t or in steel drums of 120 kg.
Different granulations are available.
- Reduced costs and improved cleanliness due to gaseous deoxidation products
- Ultra-low sulfur contents and slag with high sulfur capacity
- Recovery of oxidized metals like Cr, Mn, Si, Fe
- Fast reduction of aggressive furnace slag results in increased refractory life
- Less consumption of synthetic slag and slag builders
Take a look at our product list